- Ibn `Abbas and others have said, "This means the hypocrites who pray in public but do not pray in private.''
- Thus, Allah says, [لِّلْمُصَلِّينَ] (unto those performers of Salah,) They are those people who pray and adhere to the prayer, yet they are mindless of it.
- ...Ibn `Abbas said, it may be referring to performing the prayer completely outside of its time.
- `Ata' bin Dinar said, "Allah said, (with their Salah are Sahun.) and He did not say, `those who are absent minded in their prayer.''' which means they always delay it until the end of its time, or they usually do so.
- It may also refer to not fulfilling its pillars and conditions, and in the required manner.
The wording of the Ayah comprises all of these meanings. However, whoever has any characteristic of this that we have mentioned then a portion of this Ayah applies to him. And whoever has all of these characteristics, then he has completed his share of this Ayah, and the hypocrisy of actions is fulfilled in him.
This is just as is confirmed in the Two Sahihs that the Messenger of Allah said, «تِلْكَ صَلَاةُ الْمُنَافِقِ، تِلْكَ صَلَاةُ الْمُنَافِقِ، تِلْكَ صَلَاةُ الْمُنَافِقِ، يَجْلِسُ يَرْقُبُ الشَّمْسَ، حَتَّى إِذَا كَانَتْ بَيْنَ قَرْنَي الشَّيْطَانِ قَامَ فَنَقَرَ أَرْبَعًا، لَا يَذْكُرُ اللهَ فِيهَا إِلَّا قَلِيلًا» This is the prayer of the hypocrite, this is the prayer of the hypocrite, this is the prayer of the hypocrite. He sits watching the sun until it is between the two horns of Shaytan(the end of the time for the `Asr prayer). Then he stands and pecks four (Rak`ahs) and he does not remember Allah (in them) except very little.(This person stands to pray it, pecking in it like the pecking of a crow. He does not have tranquility or humility in it at all.)(jangan bertangguh solat, atau solat ayam patuk padi!)
presented by basyirah, notes di copy paste dari tafsir ibnu kathir.
p/s:note published mainly for self reminder, tetapi semoga semua mendapat manfaat darinya. untuk tafsir penuh, rujuk sini.